Monday, December 6, 2010

Lullaby

You know you're hurt
when you can't sleep and you cry
when you're lonely late at night
when your tears become your lullaby.

you keep denying it
but you know it's true
it hurts me so much
for I am you.

Stars fill the sky
I can't sleep, can't try
but it helps when I cry
as if tears were a lullaby.

The lights are out
the tears did the trick
I've finally fallen asleep
with tears upon my cheek.


__________________________

Ok, normally I don't explain my poems but I want to explain this one. I wrote this poem in bed last night and unlike the usual book I write them in, I actually saved this one as a draft in my mobile phone because the lights were already out and I was already under my blanket. If I got up, I might loose inspiration. 

The concept 'tears were a lullaby' actually came to when I was having a conversation with kak Ieka about a few problems I have been having lately. Besides her, Asfar was a really great help too. I want to take this opportunity to thank you guys for being there for me, even though we never met in real life, you guys mean a lot to me.I you guys. :')

OK, back to the story. With the problems I have been having lately, and a few times over the past 6 months, I have experienced crying myself to sleep. You can say it isn't something I need to get used to. You know, like when you're depressed, sad, and lonely and you just can't close your eyes and fall into a deep slumber, and your eyes get teary and before you know it, you're crying, and it keeps reminding you of how hurt and vulrenable you are? Like that. That was a 46 word sentence and I used 'and' 7 times -.-

Then you wake up. Without realizing, you fell asleep in the midst of all those tears and emotions. As if crying can help you sleep, you know, like a lullaby would. Get the point?

That's probably it. 

well, I hope your nights are much more pleasant that mine. 
And if you relate to the poem, 
Everything will be fine eventually.
:)


2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! :D