Saturday, April 28, 2012

What's been happening

Assalamualaikum w.b.t and a very joyous day to you :)

I will be going back to the hostel again this evening, after coming home on Thursday afternoon. A few things happened these past few weeks.

For one I qualified for the State Level Public Speaking Competition, which means if I get first place in this level, I will be going to nationals! Impossible is nothing. I just need to work hard and pray hard. InsyaAllah, InsyaAllah :) I was one spot away from going to nationals last year. No regrets, though. I tried my best. http://sofiaaizura.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-experience-public-speaking-part-1.html Here's the post I did on last year's public speaking competition. State level is on this coming Monday. The day after tomorrow. I don't know what to expect, but all I know is I have to give it my best. Pray for me, please :D

Other than that, I will also be participating in this year's New Straight Time's Spell-It-Right Challenge along with 9 other students from my school. I hate spelling x__x To be honest, I don't have high hopes on this one. We'll see how it goes. It's on the 16th of June. It's a long way to go, so let's just hope my spelling will improve by then. Hahaha. Other than this one, I was also chosen to be one of the representatives for the inter-school houses (or whatever, I don't know how to describe it. Antara rumah sukan sekolah la senang. Kuang kuang kuang #EpicFail ) Spell-It-Right competition. So far, there's no exact date specified. Let's hope that I get easy words or that I'm really good at guessing. :P

On top of that, debate. I will be going to Perak on the 24th of May for the HK Debate. Fully Residential Schools nation-wide will be participating. Although I have experience in Parliamentary-Style Debate before, this time it's different. A lot different, a lot more challenging. The scope will be given a month before the competition while the motion will be given an hour before the battle. The stand (government/opposition) will also be drawn that time. While the format that I am used to is, the motion will be given weeks before the competition, and the stand will be drawn half an hour before the battle. The last time I debated was in form one, 3 years ago. I don't consider last year's debate competition as an experience because well, nothing was gained and it's just simply not eligible to be considered as an experience. The only thing it did was annoy me. =___=" Let's just hope this year's debate will be an experience that I will treasure. By the looks of it, I still have a lot more preparation to do.

Besides that, I have received all my results for the exam. The first exam of my upper-secondary school life. Out of 9 subjects, 7 of them turned out fine. Some better than I expected. What about the other 2 subjects? Mediocre. I got a D in Additional Mathematics, and I failed Biology. In my 10 years of schooling, I have never gotten a D, let alone fail! *facepalm*. This is only the beginning, InsyaAllah I will be able to improve my grades in these subjects, and the other subjects too. Mid-year exams will start on 8th May. Urgh, why why why. T____T

Seems like I have a lot in my hands, InsyaAllah, may Allah ease my affairs. 

Enough about school. I got to spend time with Nida and Emy yesterday! Too bad Sarah couldn't tag along, though :( Maybe next time, insyaAllah. We ate at Pizza Hut and then they helped me shop for hostel supplies. It was nice to spend quality time with them again. Back when I was still a student at Kompleks Gong Badak, these were the girls I spent everyday with. These were the girls I shared jokes with, I studied with, and have recess together, eating the same thing almost every single day. An anchovy bun, crackers, and a juice box. I miss those times. I'd post pictures, but all of them are either shaky or blurry. :P

My mother and I rummaged through her and my dad's t-shirts last night to find some I can take back to the hostel considering I have lost two of my t-shirts and a pair of track pants. My Batman logo t-shirt and a Nike T-shirt that has "What Do You Know" written on it. They were stolen :( I liked those t-shirts very much T__T It wasn't so smart to bring a branded t-shirt in the first place, but the Batman t-shirt, seriously?!?! Urgh. So last night I took a few t-shirts that my parents got for free. Hahaha! A lot of clothes have been stolen lately, so I have to be more careful. Let's pray that the thief will repent, insyaAllah.

So I guess that's all I have to share so far. Until next post, Assalamualaikum w.b.t :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D