Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The great wall of... my bedroom?

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.
I hope all of you are healthy and happy :)

You see, I like working with papers (especially coloured ones) and scissors and glue. I like to cut and paste things. I like quotes, too. When I make these, pieces of paper with writing on them, I paste them on my bedroom wall. The results?

BAAMMM!

Please, ignore the untidy shelf. Here is the wall above my study desk ( such irony in the name, to be honest). This is also the only wall available in my room. Le sigh. I need more space to paste more stuff!  >.<

Let's take a closer look, shall we?

 








right side.
  •  It always seems impossible until it is done - Nelson Mandela
  • "Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed" - Leave out all the rest, Linkin Park. 
  • "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone." - Famous Last Words, My Chemical Romance.
  • The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will - Chuck Palahniuk
  •  Que Sera Sera (what ever will be, will be)
  • Berakit-rakit ke hulu, berenang-renang ke tepian, bersakit-sakit dahulu, bersenang-senang kemudian.
right half
  •  "Keep your hopes up high and you head down low." All I Want, A Day To Remember.

 







the small space between the shelf an the door.

  • Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else - Judy Garland.
  • It is never to late to be what you might have been.
  • He who is not courageous enough to take risks, accomplishes nothing in life - Muhammad Ali
  • "Du Bist alles was ich bin und alles was durch meine adern flei├čt" (translation: You are all that I am and what flows through my veins) - In Die Nacht, Tokio Hotel.

Now, moving on the the left side of the wall.

Foam memo board.
I used to pin letters and notes from school on here, but since I enrolled in a fully residential school, I don't have letters or schedules or whatever to put on here. So what you see here is basically a lot of random stuff. Batman logo FTW!
 

  • Keep calm and pray.
  •  No bees, no honey. No work, no money.
  •  Those who dare to venture, experience the greatest rewards. (Not really convincing, huh?)

  • Stay Classy. (Credits: Quotediary.me)
  • Kamu perlu 1001 alasan untuk tidak menggunakan peluang yang ada, tetapi sebenarnya kamu cuma perlu satu sebab untuk berjaya.

From a parent-teacher meeting pamphlet.
  •  Kejayaan bukan satu warisan, kegagalan bukan satu tradisi.

 That concludes our tour of the wall. Next is the door of my cabinet.



Before I transferred from SMKA Tok Jiring to SMK Kompleks Gong Badak in July, 2010, I gave my friends some coloured paper. I still have them with me.

Friends from Tok Jiring.
 They wrote their names, and lyrics beside them. Lead on black paper makes a very nice silver effect.

also from the same people.
 Specifically two of the five, actually. More lyrics. Lyrics about parting, that is.

My class.
 Most (if not all) of my classmates signed this paper for me.

Be humble.
  •  Jadilah orang yang kakinya berpijak di tanah, tetapi cita-citanya setinggi bintang di langit.
2013.
  •  SPM 2013: Persediaan peperiksaan memerlukan masa yang panjang, sedangkan masa peperiksaan hanya pendek, namun dalam masa yang pendek itulah yang menentukan masa hadapan kita yang panjang. It used to say "PMR" on top but we got passed that already.
  • Lyrics of "Laskar Pelangi" by Nidji and "Kebesaranmu" by ST12. Got that from a pre-PMR rest and relaxation camp.
-End of tour-

Entirely, there are 19 quotes. I wish I had more wall space :| There's so much more to paste!  *le sigh
I am so jealous of Charlie McDonnell's wall of stuff. If you don't know him (what even?), go look him up. Go check out his here :  http://charliemcdonnell.com/the-wall-of-stuff/

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D