Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Blizzard




I know why people leave, and I don’t blame them.
If I were in their shoes, I wouldn’t stay either.

Who in the right mind would stay in a blizzard when they can go elsewhere – somewhere with brighter, better weather? It bewilders me that you’re still here. You must be out of your bloody mind.

I’m sorry. There’s no warning, no shelter. I can’t forecast when I will become a blizzard, although I know people who at least try to stay deserve nothing less than rainbows and sunshine.
Although I know, you deserve the best, nothing less.

In my attempts to save myself, I tend to latch onto things, people, and pull them into the storm. How selfish am I, to drag people down with me? 
That’s why people leave - to save themselves. It’s their survival instinct. It’s human.

In the midst of it all, I realise that sometimes, what we desire, isn’t what we deserve.

Do I deserve you?

29/12/2015 2:25am

Written for someone who I hope has the strength to stay.


p.s My final exams start tomorrow, and I feel so unprepared. Please pray for me. Thank you.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! :D